VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Carmel Albino females sterile

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
illustreouz

PostSubject: Carmel Albino females sterile   Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:37 am

I was talking with a buddy of mine and he was telling me caramel albino females are sterile i believe him but i was looking for more information as why and if a super pasterl caramel albino female would be sterile as well?
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Carmel Albino females sterile   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 am

I think sterile is a strong word to use but yes they have problems. I know people that have hatched 1 egg from a caramel albino female but it was the only one that went term from a ten egg clutch. As far as a super pastel caramel goes I have no clue. I would hesitate to spend the time and energy raising it knowing what I know about caramel females. In my mind I kind of think of it like the spiders. Crossing the spider with other genes doesn't help with the wobble. It's my understanding that the desert females have similar problems.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Carmel Albino females sterile   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:43 am

Kevin from NERD has two great videos on You Tube that go over many lethal crosses and morphs that aren't up to par. I'm not sure if carmel albinos are in it but they might be and it's a good watch either way.

Here's part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uStCAKMbnqQ
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
illustreouz

PostSubject: Re: Carmel Albino females sterile   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks for the advice im going to check out this video too right now o0o and in all fairness to him he did tell me about their being fertility problems and some being sterile i just over generalized

Last edited by illustreouz on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Carmel Albino females sterile   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:23 pm

The trick for Desert females is to lower their temps. There was a lot of talk about Desert females not producing viable clutches but the truth is that you just keep the females a bit cooler than normal and they will produce viable clutches. I don't understand why other breeders with this knowledge do not share it in these type forums. It doesn't help anyone with a female Desert to keep this info. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
illustreouz

PostSubject: Re: Carmel Albino females sterile   Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:40 pm

yea i was reading around in other forums and i heard in many places to lower incubation temp
Back to top Go down
illustreouz

PostSubject: Re: Carmel Albino females sterile   Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:10 pm

if i did it i probably would split the clutch and see the hatch sucess rate and then decide the proper temp based on the sucess of the hatchling and if they are kinked or not and i can use a piece of plexiglass in the incubator ventilated enough to cause a 2 degree tempature difference it will be a fun time of trial and error drilling all those holes this close of a temp difference would show if its temp related but yes it does seem possible it just seem to require a little bit different kind of care but my hope would be to hatch all of course i would hate to produce kinked or unhealthy snakes but after watching other videos on utube and comments there my search lets me think it really is possible but i would need to look into it way more before feeling it was a responsible enough decision
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carmel Albino females sterile   

Back to top Go down

Carmel Albino females sterile
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1