VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Feeding Males During Breeding Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaChief

PostSubject: Feeding Males During Breeding Season   Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:28 pm

Hello everyone. Was hoping if I could get a question answered. Do male typically stop feeding during breeding season? I have 2 males that usually eat like garbage disposals that refuse to eat. I have paired one with my female and have had 2 successful locks. But the other has not been near a female but will not eat. Is this normal? Thanx in advance. Have a merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Feeding Males During Breeding Season   Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:04 pm

My understanding is that yes, many male snakes will slow down or stop eating over the winter breeding season, including reticulated pythons and Burmese pythons. It really sucks when you thaw out a 4 pound rabbit, your big breeder male doesn't want it, and your next largest snake isn't even up to taking a 2 pound rabbit yet...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/

Feeding Males During Breeding Season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1