VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Friendly encounter this morning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Friendly encounter this morning   Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:17 am

Decided to head up to the local rooking rock to see if there were any gravid females preparing to catch some morning rays. Approximately 75 yards before getting there I ran across this fine looking Timber headed that way. I am fortunate enough to see a large number of Timbers each year but it never gets old Very Happy
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Friendly encounter this morning   Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:32 pm

Great pic!
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Friendly encounter this morning   Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:31 am

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Friendly encounter this morning   Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Thanks guys!
I noticed that y'all must have an enormous population of Mole Kings, Milks, and Hognose, where you live. Truth be told, where I live those are few and far between. In over 3 decades I've only seen a handful of each in the field.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Friendly encounter this morning   Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:43 am

I've never seen one in Virginia, but would be nice to see a few timbers (would have to venture away from chester obviously lol)
Back to top Go down
novaCam

PostSubject: Re: Friendly encounter this morning   Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:22 am

Pretty one. Found a DOR on the road the other day. Do you know if the neonates born this year will be out late August-November when there born or are they more likely to be encountered when emerging in the spring next year?
Back to top Go down
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Friendly encounter this morning   Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:18 am

novaCam wrote:
Pretty one. Found a DOR on the road the other day. Do you know if the neonates born this year will be out late August-November when there born or are they more likely to be encountered when emerging in the spring next year?

I routinely see neonates starting as early as the beginning of August, depending upon which denning area/rooking rock I am visiting. At the particular area I was visiting when the above photo was taken I expect to start seeing newborns within the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
novaCam

PostSubject: Re: Friendly encounter this morning   Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'm really hoping to start seeing some timbers this year. The only ones I've seen this year is a DOR and a gravid female that a worker at my brothers work killed, He brought it home so I could see if I could save the babies but they weren't fully developed and still white.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friendly encounter this morning   

Back to top Go down

Friendly encounter this morning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Virginia Herpetological Society News and Events :: Field Herping-
Jump to: