VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

looking for radiant heat panel for a visions cage.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crystallynn

PostSubject: looking for radiant heat panel for a visions cage.   Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:23 pm

I am looking for a small to medium radiant heat panel and a thermostat for a 30x24x12 visions cage, or instructions on how to build one.
Back to top Go down
ProjectPython
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: looking for radiant heat panel for a visions cage.   Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:01 am

Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: looking for radiant heat panel for a visions cage.   Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:03 am

Honestly I love reptile basics, but not for their heat panels or thermostats.

The best heat panels come from, and they can even build / size it for you appropriately based off cage size, speices, ambient room temps. etc.

http://pro-products.com/

As for thermostats, hands down the best on the market are herpstats (herp 1, herp2, and the herp4)
http://www.spyderrobotics.com/home/products.html

Alternatively you get a good T-Stat you can use THG heat tape (from reptile basics) and sufficiently heat any visions cage even in cooler ambient room temps. I keep my reptile room around 78-80 degrees. I have a visions thats 30 x 28 x 18 I use a a 1.5' section of heat tape on it that is 12" wide, so if you run cooler temps use 2 - 1.5' sections of 12" wide and you should be good to go.

of course Heat Panels from Pro Products are more efficent and better overall heat (working on switching to them primarily for heat)
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: looking for radiant heat panel for a visions cage.   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:26 pm

I've never had a problem with RHP from RBI after years of use.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for radiant heat panel for a visions cage.   

Back to top Go down

looking for radiant heat panel for a visions cage.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1