VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

St Mary's County MD 8/16/14

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: St Mary's County MD 8/16/14   Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Some of the herps we ran across while herping southern Maryland yesterday.  We did not find our target species, "Coastal Plains" milksnakes and surprisingly saw no copperheads. Took us about 6 hours and 14 different sites. Trying to post habitat pics by photobucket mobile is pretty onery!

Eastern Kingsnake

Black Racer - found under 20 sheets of tin!

Bull Frog - big 2 hander!!

Ground Skink - found three of these.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: St Mary's County MD 8/16/14   Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:20 pm

Excellent finds! How were the deer flies?

As teenagers my younger brother and I herped St. Mary's Co. frequently. Back in those days it was legal to sell w/c snakes to pet stores and other distributors. Had some great places in La Plata, Charles, Calvert and St. Mary's Counties. I may me mistaken, but if I remember correctly we found most of the "CP" milksnake in Charles.
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: St Mary's County MD 8/16/14   Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Thanks!! Surprisingly we had no trouble with the flies or ticks on this trip. We spent all day in Saint Mary's but also have great spots in Calvert County and a few good spots in Charles as well. Will be hitting Calvert in September.
Back to top Go down
stormymay888

PostSubject: Re: St Mary's County MD 8/16/14   Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:28 pm

I grew up in St.Mary's I'm indeed surprised you did not find a copperhead they are everywhere out there one of the first snakes I ever brought home for my mom to see unknown to me at 7/8 was a little baby copperhead! Needless to say she was non too pleased with me. We did release it back deep into the woods :]
Back to top Go down
http://stormymayartsandexotics.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Mary's County MD 8/16/14   

Back to top Go down

St Mary's County MD 8/16/14
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Virginia Herpetological Society News and Events :: Field Herping-
Jump to: