VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Just Corrupted a Customer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Just Corrupted a Customer   Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:18 pm

One of my customers for the gun biz is a detective for the local Sheriff's office.  Nice guy, older, he and his wife are empty nesters.  He's was over dropping off a gun for repair with his wife, when she sees the Boaphile we have set up in the office.  So, naturally the conversation turns to snakes (they've never owned one), then we play show and tell, then she holds a baby ball python...

...and about an hour later I get a friend request on Facebook.  She asks more questions, I refer her to info to read, BP.net, the WoBP.com wizard, etc...

...and I figure by the end of the year there will be a rack set up in her house. Apparently she told her husband that when he buys another gun she gets to buy another snake.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Cdavis503

PostSubject: Re: Just Corrupted a Customer   Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:59 pm

I love doing that to my friends, its awesome to see others get as excited as you do about reptiles!!
Good job!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Just Corrupted a Customer   Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:41 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Just Corrupted a Customer   Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:47 pm

And... I have a chance to corrupt yet another to the dark side. Mwhahahahaha!

We got a call today from a friend of a friend who has a snake to rehome. He got it at a pet shop for his son, and it bites. A lot. So, the son doesn't want a snake as a pet any more, and apparently dad is also concerned about shedding blood as well.

Apparently this snake is also "big". So, we ask how big...

Twelve inches. Not twelve feet, twelve inches. And it bites. And the son is scared of it. So, the snake has to go.

To make matters worse, it's a common garter and they paid $50 for it at a pet store. PT Barnum was right.

So, Mr (Or Ms) Garter will be rehomed, and we're going to introduce them to the wonderful world of BP's this weekend.

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Just Corrupted a Customer   Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Sounds like they don't need a snake at all imo
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Just Corrupted a Customer   Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:09 pm

Hopefully we can lead the son down the path to responsible ownership. Dad may be a lost cause though.
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Just Corrupted a Customer   Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:23 pm

I have been posting my field herping pics on my wall on FB and at first friends where responding, "why are you holding snakes? Ewwwwww!!"  But some have become curious and now send me pics of every snake they come across and ask questions about them and have vowed to never again kill them.  The funniest are responses I get from the parents of my sons friends after they see a pic on FB of their son holding a corn snake.  So far they still let them come over.....guess I didn't try hard enough...lol!!
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Just Corrupted a Customer   Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Well, we're helping our customer get the setup dialed in, and the little Beeper will be going home on Wednesday. The way he and his wife are talking I see them having a rack by Christmas.

Got to have a talk with them about QT...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Corrupted a Customer   

Back to top Go down

Just Corrupted a Customer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1