VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

HELP HELP HELP!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: HELP HELP HELP!!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:37 pm

Hey everyone. My little brother has a leopard gecko and today it is just like she went limp. I am not sure what happened but when he went to check on her she was super soft, squishy like, and she couldnt move her lower body whatsoever. She was born last year and she eats pretty well. She is about 20 grams. She has a nice plump tail for the size of her body. It seems like she is just going to die. What should I do. Like I said, she cant move and is soft as crap. Does anybody know whats wrong? I need help immediately!!!
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: HELP HELP HELP!!!!   Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:55 am

I dont deal with geckos but my first instinct was impaction. Theres other things that could possibly cause similar symptoms but that is the most common and would be my first guess If she cant move her back end and is lethargic, although more often then not youll notice a firmness around her belly.

What is her diet?
When and what did she eat last?
Is she eating or drinking at all now?
What type of substrate is she on?
What is her set up like? Temps/lights UTH, exc exc
when did she last poop?

I cant do too much being so far away, maybe someone closer can offer some assistance and/or a vet trip may be in order.

Impaction, MBD, Injury
Back to top Go down
http://www.morphedout.com
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: HELP HELP HELP!!!!   Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:37 am

She eats mealworms and crickets. the last time I saw her ate was 2 days ago. Nope. She is on a paper towel. It is a 10gal aquarium with a little heat mat underneath. She has a cup of mealworms and her water bowl on one end and on the other end where the heat mat is she has a humid hide like thing where there is some eco dirt that is wet and it keeps the box humid. The last time she pooped that I can tell was 2 days ago. Thanks you so much for your help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP HELP HELP!!!!   

Back to top Go down

HELP HELP HELP!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: