VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards   Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:05 am

Over the years, I've always found it somewhat difficult or at least time consuming to provide water to bearded dragons. You either give them a waterbowl that they quickly defecate it and must be immediately cleaned, you spray at least once a day, or you give regular baths outside of the enclosure. Not a problem at all for one or two, but the time spent quickly adds up with multiple ones.

Today I found out adult dragons will readily and happily drink from chick waterers you can get a farm supply store for under $4. It's simply a saucer with a one quart bottle screwed into the top as a reservoir. The design of the saucer makes it impossible for the dragon to climb in or over to foul the water yet its wide enough to let them drink freely.

I imagine these could be used for geckos, monitors, or most any other lizard. They are also very easy to clean.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
jinx

PostSubject: Re: Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards   Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Nice idea...
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards   Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:53 pm

I use something similar for my leopard gecko, hermit crabs and beardie. Its just made to look like rock on the bottom part, I think they sell them specifically for lizards, but I'm not sure, I started out with it for the crabs and then I got tired of changing water bowls too!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards   Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Pics? I've tried using a rat watering bottle but no noticeable usage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards   

Back to top Go down

Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Husbandry Discussion Forums :: General Care Discussion-
Jump to: