VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

wow...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jinx

PostSubject: wow...    Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Back to top Go down
TinatheTegu
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: wow...    Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:16 pm

..................so sad..
Back to top Go down
jinx

PostSubject: Re: wow...    Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Very sad.. I hope he gets the help he needs and the snakes that are still alive end up in great homes.. Thinking of the mental state an individual would have to be in to live is such conditions. Reminds of watching those hording shows and our first question is always where are the family members..
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: wow...    Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:25 pm

In reading through several articles it looks like the guy was probably suffering from depression, exacerbated or brought on by grief over his mom's death. He lived alone and apparently had no close friends so no one realized there was a problem until the neighbors started complaining.  It's a very sad situation and I hope he gets the help he needs.

Also in WoBP he's listed as the creator of the Lithium:
http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/lithium
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: wow...    Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Yeah I think something went wrong. He was active on several snake forums and a little over a year ago he just disappeared. Even one of his neighbors said in one of the articles that up until about a year ago he was a nice guy that would hang out and watch the games and then he just withdrew from everyone.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: wow...    Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/30/snakes-on-the-nose-house-found-packed-with-pythons-living-and-dead?CMP=fb_gu

This link has a video you can see it looks at one point in time he really cared for his animals.  I mean it looks like they were all in freedom breeders/vision racks.

Never a good thing for our hobby.

I believe there is a usark fund for the remaining ball pythons as well
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: wow...    Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:45 pm

One thing that bothers me about that video, is not the video but the article... The way they describe the racks make them seem like an odd thing

"Sondra Berg, the supervisor for the Santa Ana police department's animal services division, said four of the five bedrooms in the home were stacked from floor to ceiling and wall to wall with plastic bins on wooden and metal racks. The bins were packed so tightly, Berg said, that they didn't require lids because there was no room for the snakes to slither out.
Each snake was catalogued by name and type, and Berg said Buchman told authorities he was involved in a snake-breeding enterprise."

Now don't get me wrong, this is a horrible situation, and sheds horrible light on the community, but I wish these reporters knew something about reptiles or at least asked people that do know... I don't know, just this is a bad enough situation, having ignorant reporters reporting on it just makes ot worse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: wow...    Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Yeah, when I first red the article I assumed it was just tubs stacked on each other no heat anything. I saw what looked like a very professional setup at one point in time well kept and organized.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wow...    

Back to top Go down

wow...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: