VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Having a little Leachie trouble.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Having a little Leachie trouble.    Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 pm

I got this girl about a month ago. If she's eating, it's super tiny amounts. She's pooped a couple times but nothing substantial. She won't touch crickets. And I even tried an anole which she snapped up quickly only to find the little guy a day later virtually unscathed. She will eat repashy off my finger but I don't want her to only eat off my finger so I'm reluctant to do that. Would handling be causing this? I know new environments can make them go off feed for up to a month but i guess you can say I'm a worrier.
I offer repashy 3.0 and BFG mix. She was on repashy prior to my obtaining her. She's in a 24x18x36 enclosure. She was 145gms when I got her but now she's down to 130. Please help.
Back to top Go down
californiadreamin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Having a little Leachie trouble.    Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Try going back to repashy 2.0. There's been a lot of I guess bad feeding response to the 3.0 version. Repashy is coming out with a new improved 3.0 (ingredients) but I highly doubt we will see that anytime soon. Try clarks, pangeas new complete diet. My geckos LOVE it. I almost alwayd end up with empty bowls. Whatre the temps? She could just be stressed from the move etc...possibly because the temps are cooling down.
Back to top Go down
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Having a little Leachie trouble.    Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:07 am

Her temps are around 77-78 during the day. I read they like it a little warmer. At night it generally drops to around 71. I'll have to check into 2.0. Yours live Pangea mix? Maybe I'll pick up a small bag of that too. I hope something works. Thanks Chris.
Back to top Go down
californiadreamin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Having a little Leachie trouble.    Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:56 am

Yeah. They destroy the pangea mix. Even the little ones eat it up. I hope everything works out bro. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Having a little Leachie trouble.    Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:49 pm

I'll have to order some then. Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
eyelashexotics

PostSubject: Re: Having a little Leachie trouble.    Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:13 pm

I've never had issues with the 3.0 but they've released a new version since then, supposedly improved it. I've heard a lot of really good things about the pangea complete diet...but in the meantime, overly ripe banana and vanilla yogurt mixed in with the CGD should work wonders. Good luck =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/eyelash.geckos
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Having a little Leachie trouble.    Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:49 pm

I've looked into bananas but I wasn't sure how to give them to her. Can't believe I didn't think of that. How do I know if I have the new version or the old? It's the same name but just "new and improved" right? Thanks! I've got 2 things to try now.
Back to top Go down
californiadreamin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Having a little Leachie trouble.    Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:05 pm

The new version isn't out yet.. well bot locally. The only sure way to get the  new version is to order straight from repashys website.
Back to top Go down
eyelashexotics

PostSubject: Re: Having a little Leachie trouble.    Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:11 pm

^True. Locally you'd have to wait until they went through their 3.0 before they even ordered the new version...so you could be waiting a while.

PS. If you hold a banana in front of a leachie or a chewie, they're likely to just take a nice big bite out of it. They'll surprise you Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/eyelash.geckos
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Having a little Leachie trouble.    Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:58 pm

I ordered my repashy from his website maybe 3 weeks ago. Maybe I already have it? I'll have to try the banana when I get home tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having a little Leachie trouble.    

Back to top Go down

Having a little Leachie trouble.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: