VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Humidifiers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Humidifiers   Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Anyone else have to break them out and get 'em running? I've been using two of the dinky little Vicks units and have them on a timer. One runs in the morning and one in the evening. I have to fill them everyday but I am looking for a larger volume unit. Maybe one that I only have to fill once or twice a week that can continuously run ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
pksnipr
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:44 pm

funny u say that. ive been scanning craigslist for one this week. with this weather misting ain't working. even with barr's enclosures. checked a few out but unless you wanna do your whole house the biggest reservoir i've been able to find is 2 gallons. instructions say it lasts about a day and a half and, it's 200 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:52 pm

I have one running almost all the time in my snake room. It is a large one and I'm filling it twice each day. I still struggle to keep the humidity just right. So, I also go around with a squirt bottle when someone is in shed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:55 am

I may have a problem with my humidity. Is it true that RI's come from the humidity being to high??

I have a 1.1 gal reservoir on my humidifier and it runs roughly 2/3 the time. Lasts 1 day.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:40 am

RIs can be caused by too little humidity if I'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:43 am

I just use a big zoo Med Mister two times a day and a box filled with moss during shed. I use glass tanks sadly enough but my humidity is staying around 50, I know it should be a touch higher but everyone is healthy and sheds fine.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 am

Christopher wrote:
I may have a problem with my humidity. Is it true that RI's come from the humidity being to high??

I have a 1.1 gal reservoir on my humidifier and it runs roughly 2/3 the time. Lasts 1 day.

I have heard so. Not to mention mold and bacteria that may thrive. I like to keep it around 50-70% but it usually stays on the low end of around 40-50 in the winter and 60-70 in the summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 pm

It's funny I read about humidity all the time. And to tell the truth I do nothing to add to it at all. And I've never had a problem with it. Just lucky I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   

Back to top Go down

Humidifiers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Husbandry Discussion Forums :: General Care Discussion-
Jump to: