VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What are the chances...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: What are the chances...   Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Hey! I was wondering what everyone thought about rehoming an adult boa. The Columbian Red Tail I currently have is a female estimated at 9yrs old. Never bitten or shown aggression to me. She is huge, I can't really weigh her but she's a good 8-8.5 ft. About a year ago I took her from a couple that didn't want her due to her size in hopes of finding a good home, but I feel horrible about putting her in a new situation again, but my husband isn't very comfortable with her (she is way too big for him). What do you think? scratch
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: What are the chances...   Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:33 am

If you/he feels the animals to big for him to handle safely then yes by all means I'd say rehome her... It's about whats best for the animal and the people around the animal...
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: What are the chances...   Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:47 am

I am sure there are plenty of people that would be willing to take it in that have experience... post in the classifieds and look for a reptile rescue in your area?

I agree with Clarance about doing what is best for the animal and the people around...
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: What are the chances...   Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Thanks guys! I think I will put her on the classifieds. She's a beautiful snake and I will miss her, but it's not fair to either if them if they are both uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the chances...   

Back to top Go down

What are the chances...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: