VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

anyone going to columbia?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pksnipr
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: anyone going to columbia?   Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 pm

just wondering if anyone was striking out for south carolina this weekend? taking the trip sunday morning. its a long one for only a few hours but it'll be my second show and about 10 times the size of the richmond expo.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to columbia?   Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:31 pm

pksnipr wrote:
just wondering if anyone was striking out for south carolina this weekend? taking the trip sunday morning. its a long one for only a few hours but it'll be my second show and about 10 times the size of the richmond expo.

i have been twice and love it!! i cant go this weekend, but ill prob be attending the next columbia show. my brother lives in charleston so i can sped a weekend down there and not have to pay for a hotel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to columbia?   Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:43 am

Not goin to Columbia. And it isn't a long one for just a few hours. We drove down on a Sunday for Myrtle Beach in July and drove back when it was over... same with Hamburg... drove up did show and came home. The only one we stayed overnight for was Tinley because it was sooooooo far lol. But we went for both days.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to columbia?   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:53 pm

how long of a drive was it to Hamburg?? I want to go to that show.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to columbia?   Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:45 am

We left a 2:30 am and got there around 8:30? No traffic that early in morning. We took 95 to get there as opposed to the eastern shore. We came home that way. A little longer but traffic played a part
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to columbia?   Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:19 pm

That is way too early for me!! How was the show?
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to columbia?   Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Hamburg is amazing.... Tinley was a little bigger but just as crowded... there is no elbow room and you have to keep making rounds non stop or else you will miss out on something... we missed out on a good deal but it wasnt there the first 5 times we rounded... as soon as we noticed it, someone had spoken up before us. But it was worth the drive...
Back to top Go down
pksnipr
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to columbia?   Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:56 pm

just got back after leaving at 445 this am(not dst). took 5hrs and 10 min there. i will say i probably wont be doing it again. it was a huge show and the venomous vendors made it worth the trip (pretty crazy looking at a 6 ft gabbon through an 1/8" piece of plastic) but, honestly while it was about 10-15 times the size of the richmond expo it was just a lot more of the same stuff. probably 10-15 snakes i would have bought had i not had a gf and 1 spectacular male king rat that i should have picked up for temperament alone but alas not today. all in all it was 12 hrs of driving for 2 hrs of show. got some good deals on dry goods and supplies but i'm beat.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to columbia?   Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:34 am

Yea when you travel for shows you gotta prepare yourself for the driving... I have to say that they are fun experiences when you go though. But there are some shows we won't go to again just because we felt it isnt worth the drive/tired the next day crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to columbia?   

Back to top Go down

anyone going to columbia?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1