VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The great escape

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
will4ya

PostSubject: The great escape   Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:03 am

I want to share an experience with everyone that recently happened with me and my family that I think you may find entertaining. I breed gargoyle geckos and I had one recently hatch In my egg container. Im in my kitchen with the container, I open the lid to transport the hatchling into its new cage. I grab the baby and he soon slips out of my grasp and falls the floor. I go to pin him to the cabinet wall and hes freakin out and all over the place. As soon as i was sure I had him he slipped through my fingers again and before I realized what had happen hes gone. My wife walks into the kitchen wondering what im doing on the floor on all fours and I all I could say was I lost it! I think it either went under the fridge or into the cabinet. Haha we spent about an hour looking in crevices and moving kitchen appliances but nothing. 2 days go by and still no baby gecko. The third day my wife takes our little boy to school and when she gets to his classroom she opened his book bag to pull out something. She sat the bag down to the floor. My little boy soon spots a lizard on the class floor and alerts my wife he found the baby gecko daddy lost ha. Happy ending she caught it and it is now in its rightful place. Just thought it was something funny id share, ironically it happened once before with a rosy boa that escaped in my wifes car and we found it alive 3 to 4 weeks later.
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: The great escape   Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:09 am

lol! 
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: The great escape   Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:45 am

Nice lol. I think my daughter's teacher would have scrapped herself had any creature came out her backpack... She wouldn't even let her tell the class about snakes shedding and show off the shed.
Back to top Go down
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: The great escape   Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:36 am

Haha this is funny! At lrast you ended up finding the little guy in the end!
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: The great escape   Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:26 pm

smb2585 wrote:
Nice lol. I think my daughter's teacher would have  scrapped herself had any creature came out her backpack... She wouldn't even let her tell the class about snakes shedding and show off the shed.  
Really? We've had teachers ask if we could bring in a snake to show the class and talk about them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: The great escape   Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Lol too funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The great escape   

Back to top Go down

The great escape