VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Beardie enclosure Base unit in place

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:55 pm

...still alot to do, but couldn't take them in TUBS any longer....it's really coming along great! bounce 
Back to top Go down
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Well they all look happy! Smile
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:45 pm

They seem much happier now---still have to cut in vents on the backs and set the 18" UVBs up...Nick just gave me a great idea for security latches to stop Noah from setting them free in the house(which is inevitable) But I can tell they are happy again being able to view the Daily activities they are used to being apart of. I'm really lovin the Clean looking design for sure.
Back to top Go down
Rhuwme
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Max, that enclosure looks fantastic! If I were a bearded dragon, I'd want to be in there Cool 
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:52 pm

I got to see it today and it looks great in person too. Max is quite the handy man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Looks great. What's keeping them closed? Looks like hinges on the bottom but what is keeping the top closed?
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Magnets maybe? And what's the dimensions of each enclosure? The inside dimensions
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:25 pm

The hinges are actually spring loaded cabinet hinges Clay...they work pretty good. The enclosures on this unit are 16"d x 36"w x 18"h...I use the cheap ceramic sockets for the spotlamps with a lowprofile Pancake box--but still like to keep some height for that and to put in hammocks or stuff for them to climb. Our beardies like to roost to get a better view when stalking us. affraid 
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:27 pm

....and Nick came up with a great idea...i'll just get black mirror clips to swivel and lock the tops to keep Noah from setting them free.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:47 pm

maxhorsley wrote:
....and Nick came up with a great idea...i'll just get black mirror clips to swivel and lock the tops to keep Noah from setting them free.

For like a year then he will probably figure them out lol! 
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:54 am

...lol Nick...he's a WATCHER, doesn't take him long at all...might add the "Safety First" baby magnet locking unit to it on the upper centers. We used those on the doors of the cabinet on the old unit---I gotta say those things are awesome! (you have to have the magnet key or you aren't getting them open....ever....lol
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: ...getn there   Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:54 pm

It's coming along great Max!
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:03 pm

That's a great looking setup
Back to top Go down
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Dam Max, that's awesome! affraid 
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Hopefully next month i'll get the plexi doors done for the top...we're not in a huge hurry there as the babies are doing great in the enclosure they are in. Money seems to be flying in too many directions lately...but can't wait to get this project done.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Now I know what my next project will be... This is awesome... Side note what would something like this cost to be made by you?
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:13 pm

...my best guestimate with this not being done is somewhere around the 1k range complete. i'm at 550 in materials right now---still a couple hundred in plexi-hardware,tiles for the upper unit and 12 x 18" flourescent ballasts for uvb tubes to go. plus I really want to run a LED system just for Supercoolness when it's all done.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:15 pm

LED is the way to go, what material is it made out of? Wood or melamine?
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:43 am

It's made of 1/2" finish ply...way lighter than melamine, and is easy to shoot with sealer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beardie enclosure Base unit in place   

Back to top Go down

Beardie enclosure Base unit in place
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Husbandry Discussion Forums :: Enclosures, Racks, and other Herp Equipment-
Jump to: