VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Not sure what to do

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Well seems i have got bit by the BP bug and around next year i want to start breeding, now with that said im not sure if im going to keep my female boa or my green tree although i love them to death itd be kinda pointless keeping them around any suggestions guys? 😕
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Don't really have a suggestion, but I can say I regret letting my non-ball python collection go when I got on board with balls. The main reason was because I had too little space and too many mouths to feed. No I have tons of space and wish I could get them back Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Thibo703
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Find cheaper food supply so you can justify keeping them and just keep them in racks or bins..? /: sorta stuck between a rock and a rock. :|

I'm sorta in the same boat about my Irian Jaya. It was already enough that I was selling my beautiful but pain in the *** cinny bp for a snake that'll get much bigger, but I went an got a package deal! (I mean 2 for half the price of 1, who wouldn't?!).

You might be able to find a friend who wants a pet snake for a little while, until you get the breeding project running smooth?

good luck
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Maybe ill just trade them for BP's :O , and yea thats pretty much how i got both of them they guy i got them from gave me such a great deal on the green tree and boa i couldnt really pass it up
Back to top Go down
Thibo703
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Damn I'm looking for a big Boa and had a Proven breeder Cinny..guess I shoulda put "Trades for Boas" on my add huh? lol
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:53 pm

haha yea but shes still small only about 3 feet i belive shes goregeous though
Back to top Go down
Thibo703
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:04 pm

3 ft isn't small, and its almost big..plus a good looking 3'er beats an ugly 6'er any day.. any good pics you wanna share?
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:12 pm

yea theres one in the show room forum , and i got more i havent uploaded yet
Back to top Go down
Thibo703
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:19 pm

What is this "show room forum" you speak of..lol I'll go look around
Back to top Go down
Thibo703
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:20 pm

oh.. its literally in your face when you hit home... duh
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:21 pm

haha its a bad picture of her , i swear she has more tendencies of a ball python shes always chillen all coiled up then i get her out and shes everywhere haha
Back to top Go down
Thibo703
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Yea, my IJ carpet is like that.. she'll fight to stay in there and then when she knows she's lost that fight its BOOM time to try to catch onto anything Im walking past...I named her
Velcro because the first day I got her I was walking up the stairs and she just latched onto the railing and wedged herself against the wall.. lol
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:26 pm

When mine was smaller she would go into my girl's hair and wrap up in it and stay for hours
Back to top Go down
Thibo703
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:29 pm

MY BULLSNAKE WOULD DO THAT!! I guess any baby snake would probably do that actually..She looks really nice tho (we all know how to look through all the stuff that's the cameras fault, flash blur, blurry-flash, ect haha)
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:30 pm

imma grab a better one of her and put it up tonight
Back to top Go down
Thibo703
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:51 pm

sweet..
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 pm

yea ive decided imma sell the boa and keep the green tree , since he will use alot less cage space plus i can turn my boamaster into a 2 cage for 2 more ball pythons so yea immma put her up for sell after i get better pictures
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:02 am

man id love to have a gtp
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:08 am

gatto152 wrote:
yea ive decided imma sell the boa and keep the green tree , since he will use alot less cage space plus i can turn my boamaster into a 2 cage for 2 more ball pythons so yea immma put her up for sell after i get better pictures

That's what I have done with most of my boamasters. There is a perfect piece of melamine you can get from home depot and all you have to do is cut off 6 or 7 inches off the back and it fits perfectly in the middle as a divider and the color isn't too far off. My spilt BM's seem like the perfect size for my BP's. I have even cut a slot in the divider to fit a RHP that both sides share.
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:37 am

Focal X wrote:
gatto152 wrote:

That's what I have done with most of my boamasters. There is a perfect piece of melamine you can get from home depot and all you have to do is cut off 6 or 7 inches off the back and it fits perfectly in the middle as a divider and the color isn't too far off. My spilt BM's seem like the perfect size for my BP's. I have even cut a slot in the divider to fit a RHP that both sides share.

imma defiantly have to get in touch with you about this, i also want to switch it over to heat tape
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:06 am

I bought all the heat tape I needed to do it but gave up. I don't think there is really a safe way to use heat tape in a boamaster. It's too thick to place underneath and putting it inside could cause the snake to tangle up or get the electric connections wet from humidity. I looked into it for a while and some people had some tricks, but none looked really safe to me. Because of the larger space, versus a tub, I think the heat tape would have trouble keeping up the ambient temps for balls. Unfortunately it looks like I have to spend about $330 for heat panels vs. the $30 I spent on heat tape Sad I'm sure there is a way to use the heat tape, I just haven't thought of it yet.
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:15 am

I See
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do   

Back to top Go down

Not sure what to do