VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:48 pm

I name my animals by theme. The gargoyle gecko theme is characters from books I have enjoyed.

First up, Boo Radley, my first garg (female orange blotch):

Calliope (who has had 3 name changes but I think I'm settled), female b/w retic:

Heck Tate, who recently began firing up a gorgeous yellow, male retic:

Calpurnia, half fired here, can fire all the way up to red and orange or all the way down to pink and white:

Magnus Manson, fired down and up, little baby red retic (gender unknown):

Zenobia, a pretty red and white stripe who lost her tail in shipping (but will grow it back), gender unknown:

Humbert Humbert, a stunning orange blotch male:

Smeagol, a gorgeous orange and red super stripe, gender unknown:

Dakin, a very handsome red and white stripe, gender unknown:

Moreta, a black and white that fires up pink with orange blotches, female:

Raederle, nice black and white banded female:

Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoyed my little crocodilians. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:31 am

Wow, these ones are even cooler!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:38 am

Yeah, you can definitely tell I like them better, too. Wink

There are some other rhac species that are quite popular, namely leachianus and chahoua. I had a rescue chahoua but traded it for some of the more colorful gargs. Leachies are cool but more territorial about their cages. They are the largest geckos, so a bite from them is no picnic!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:36 am

If i got back in to lizards I'de be calling on you. fantastic animals.
Back to top Go down
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:18 am

Beautiful Gargs! Makes me want one now! lol Leachies are aweome! Theyre HUGE!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:25 am

One day I will have a leachie--if for no reason other than that they are huge. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chuck H.

PostSubject: Re: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:46 pm

How about some terrarium set-up pics? I love seeing what other folks are doing with their arboreal lizards. As soon as I do some housecleaning, I'll post some pics of my two Knight enclosures. Awesome pictures.
Back to top Go down
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Chuck H. wrote:
How about some terrarium set-up pics? I love seeing what other folks are doing with their arboreal lizards. As soon as I do some housecleaning, I'll post some pics of my two Knight enclosures. Awesome pictures.

Go to caging subforum and check out my viv
Back to top Go down
Cupcakemafia

PostSubject: Re: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:18 am

I just wanted to let you know my husband loves Gargoyle Geckos and I just showed him yours and that made his day!( I think we will be having a discussion about getting some tonight Smile )
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:45 pm

I love the theme naming idea. My hodgepodging has led to having 1 woman's name, three movie characters, 2 shakespeare characters, a native american god, three greek gods, two video game characters, and cupcake.

Not that I would change any of their names lol
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Thank you. Smile These are old pictures. I will have new pictures soon. A name change is possible in the future to fit the theme of the reptile business name that I have chosen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles   

Back to top Go down

Some Fall Flavored Photos :) Part 1: Gargoyles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1