VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

dinker?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ichopz
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: dinker?   Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:44 pm

what exactly classifies a bp to be a dinker..

I ask this because i got my bp from a local store.. after talking to the guy in the reptile department i found out that the person that the store buys from sells hets as normals.. so there may be a possibilty that my girl may be het for something.. now i know that there is no definative markings for hets but what do ppl look at and see when they label a dinker? weird head markings?weird patterns, or colors.. just looking for more info
Back to top Go down
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: dinker?   Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Really its anything that pops out at you that you may wanna see if it breeds true. It could be as simple as a head spot or as crazy as some elongated patterning. Generally Dinker is a normal animal that just has that thing that just might be genetic but there's no real proof yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grymmexotics.com/
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: dinker?   Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:29 pm

I agree with Dale. It's usually a project or some kind of goal. Even a poss het could be a dinker IMO. I think it's the funner side of breeding and more of a gamble with greater personal results. I would probably be happier producing a visual from two possible hets than producing all visuals from two visuals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: dinker?   Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:54 pm

I'e told ichopz that I'm not a fan of dinkers. If someone wants to take years to prove out a small trait that is genetic (that many people would pass off as a normal), then that is fine. I just don't want to waste my time with it. It is extremely rare for a totally unknown gene to be found after so many people are looking for the next "break the bank" morph.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dinker?   

Back to top Go down

dinker?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1