VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

meet and greet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
satansmaster

PostSubject: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:06 pm

has anyone here ever thought about organizing a big meet up with all of vaherps members? bring a friend bring a snake bring a bag of chips? could be fun let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Could be fun for sure Wink
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:54 pm

That would be tons of fun! have a member only meet and greet everyone bring a pet and get to know each other. I dont know if im allowed to say this on this site but theres another local group called viiper they have meets all the tme.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:07 pm

I know a couple of us are aware of VIIPER.....
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:38 pm

satansmaster wrote:
That would be tons of fun! have a member only meet and greet everyone bring a pet and get to know each other. I dont know if im allowed to say this on this site but theres another local group called viiper they have meets all the tme.

It's absolutely fine! In fact, this site's primary goal is to spread the wealth of knowledge from it's members. Nothing wrong with VIIPER Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:44 pm

If anyone knows of a space/place we can all get together at sometime just post it on the new forum for events Smile and what kinda stuff to bring whether it be like a little BBQ or something... super exciting idea.

Anytime there is food, I am always game to be there Laughing
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:50 pm

I don't know much about viiper I was just looking for people as strange as me that like these "icky nasty slimey creatures" lol I've had snakes for 4 years now and a bearded dragon that looks like a grumpy old man! I have never met anyone who has or even likes them in this area.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Well you have come to the right place Smile
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:55 pm

bring a couple grills and throw some shrimp on the barbi lmfao can and one say repti daycare?! we can call the meeting " SNAKES AND STEAKS! "
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:56 pm

this sounds like fun..... especially the food part!! i love food, almost as much as i love reptiles and a little more than i love my wife.........
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:57 pm

that last part was a joke, btw...... i dont love all food more than my wife.
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:59 pm

Not only people who like reptiles but NO OFFENCE a female that likes them too! HA! my girl refused to come over again until I moved them out of my living room and bedroom and had to promise to cover the cages when she gets here!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:59 pm

It's ok if you do... we won't tell lol.

Snakes & Steaks = super idea... steak is my FAVORITE food.. seriously... im so there... Lets make it happen before the super cold weather sets in!
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:00 pm

HAHA
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:04 pm

on a serious note.... this is a pretty good idea. like satansmaster said, i dont know that many herp people (in person). all of my friends think im crazy, my wife is unbelievably terrified of reptiles. i would like to meet some people i can hang out with that like what i like..... food and reptiles (not reptiles as the food). so set it up and im there..... ill even take leave to so i can make it Smile
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:09 pm

WHILE IM ON DUTY ILL CHECK AROUND FOR A GOOD PLACE. DEF HAS TO BE B4 IT GETS TO COLD
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:15 pm

satansmaster wrote:
Not only people who like reptiles but NO OFFENCE a female that likes them too! HA! my girl refused to come over again until I moved them out of my living room and bedroom and had to promise to cover the cages when she gets here!

Ya know.. I was like most girls and was PETRIFIED... but seriously... after Miles bought me my bee... that was it... you guys can think I am joking but I am not... if we never got her I would probably not care for them too much. She is the reason I even give a crap about them and research and read... I want to have lots of baby Bees since I will probably have another kid LOL.

It is really all about education... Ryan your wife should come hang out with me sometime... I will get her to hold my bee... somehow... maybe you should BRIBE her with something tongue

and if you were referring to me, no offense taken... I get crazy looks from everyone about it... we have 17 right now in our possession... if we had space for more then we would have more... but until we sell some and get a new rack we can't take in anymore... no space Sad

and I dont want him to sell any because I love them all... I hold them all, handle them all... even the hissers... and strikers... :queen:
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:22 pm

one of the probs with keeping reptiles is heat lamps jack up your elect bill. I actually designed and built with special materials custom show cases that are extremely sturdy, nice looking and very very heat efficient. This has lowered my cost by a huge amount. they are much nicer looking than aquariums and more space efficient
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:24 pm

satansmaster wrote:
WHILE IM ON DUTY ILL CHECK AROUND FOR A GOOD PLACE. DEF HAS TO BE B4 IT GETS TO COLD

"duty"? military? cop? what do you do? if you dont mind me asking Smile and stephanie, id love for my wife to hang out with you..... it would get here away from me, lol. jkjk. but seriously, she has like no friends (here anyway) so she is SOOO clingy. i would love for her to meet someone, especially if that someone likes snakes Smile
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:24 pm

satansmaster wrote:
one of the probs with keeping reptiles is heat lamps jack up your elect bill. I actually designed and built with special materials custom show cases that are extremely sturdy, nice looking and very very heat efficient. This has lowered my cost by a huge amount. they are much nicer looking than aquariums and more space efficient

pictures por favor
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:30 pm

We have rack, we have two that are 5 tier and one that is 3 tier and we have dividers for some of the tubs.

Ryan -- I know that the HRBT or MMBT separate us but in all seriousness if she ever wants to do something let me know.
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Um... I do this and that Cool

as for the enclosure I just sold my last one and will have a new one ready this weekend. when it is finished ill post a pic of it.

here is a pic i found online that looks almost exactly like my last one. I modeled my last one after it. ill post it in a min.

the glass in all my enclosures is argon filled and the material i use to build the box is super strong.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:37 pm

satansmaster wrote:
Um... I do this and that

LMAO, yeah ... me too.
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:44 pm

satansmaster wrote:
http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/16/96/21/40/snake710.jpg

thats pretty bad a**, i like it
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Oh wow... I like that...
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Ya i prefer my enclosures to look more like furniture that just a tank. My last one i sold was setup with a built in fool with a filter and a hepa filter to provide very fresh clean air (i smoke and don't want to hurt my snakes and beardy) to the inside of the tank. all the lights are concealed and a digital therm and hydro display mounted on the front for easy reading.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:18 pm

those are really awesome!!
Back to top Go down
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:52 pm

so how about mt.trashmore or some city park?
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Have to find out about animal/pet laws?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: meet and greet   

Back to top Go down

meet and greet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top