VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Nice warm January Day---Both snappers emerged from the water.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChuckHurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Nice warm January Day---Both snappers emerged from the water.    Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:16 pm

First time i have seen them both out of the water since fall.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChuckHurd.com
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Nice warm January Day---Both snappers emerged from the water.    Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:58 pm

We ( I ) are going to need more pics of your animals and setups starting with this outside one!

(clicking ur links)
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Nice warm January Day---Both snappers emerged from the water.    Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:35 pm

Very nice, and I agree, that setup looks neat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
ChuckHurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Nice warm January Day---Both snappers emerged from the water.    Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Well, as for now, I only have the one outside set up. There was a time when I had quite a few outside pins and ponds, but for now we are in a very small place with close neighbors. We hope maybe by next year to be living back on our family farm. If we can make that happen, I will have more to show. But as for this, its an 8 x 3 x 3. Its made from sheet metal, wire, and Plexiglas. We put a tub on one side and fill in the rest with cypress. On nights where its forecasted to be below freezing, we turn on a light. Its just a drop light with 100 watt bulb that is about 10 inches above the tub. I like it, but its only a temporary set up. When on the farm, I will build an enclosure about 10 x 5 or so…put a tub on one side near the panels. The panels are sheet aluminum about 2 or 3 feet high and sunk into the ground about 2 inches. I will place another tub sunk into the ground (holes drilled in the bottom to allow for rain to pass thru) fill that tub with loose soil and sand. With it being so much easier to dig then the southwest VA red clay, females will most always nest in the tub, making collecting the eggs much easier.

Hoping to set up for alligator snappers, snappers, soft shells, musks, and maybe diamondback tarpons. VA law won’t allow one to breed and sell natives, so they are more for my pleasure. Some others like the allies and the tarpons will be for income as well as pleasure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChuckHurd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice warm January Day---Both snappers emerged from the water.    

Back to top Go down

Nice warm January Day---Both snappers emerged from the water.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1