VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Dumb things your snake has done

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Dumb things your snake has done   Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:31 am

Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa, will drink by shoving her whole head into the water, and start from there, only stopping once she has to breathe, then trying to inhale while under water.
Dumb snake.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a snake that does dumb things...am I?
Back to top Go down
http://plaguedbethyangel.blogspot.com
ichopz
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:32 am

Chopz, my bp tryied to dig out of her tank a few times only to be met with more substrate and glass..
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:41 pm

I've had a few hatchlings that like to eat pinkies while they are still alive Facepalm
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Focal wrote:
I've had a few hatchlings that like to eat pinkies while they are still alive Facepalm

I have a few now who do that, notably my Black Pastel and my Bumblybee. The male Cal King I used to have did it for fun, I think. We fed him whatever pinks/pups the other critters didn't eat, so they were like potato chips to him. Tiny, tiny, screaming potato chips. O_O Although, maybe his Kingsnake-ego let him think they were live sacrifices, since his name was Amon Ra. lol!

Other than that, my little Bumblybee likes to stalk me from inside his tub while I'm sitting six feet away on my bed, which is a tad disturbing. I think he's plotting my doom. The wee Black Pastel likes to climb to the top of her tub then flop over. My Pastel girl finds a way to tip her water bowl, no matter what type/weight of bowl I give her, which is probably the most annoying one. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:36 am

My ball kills his prey and then drags it to the water to soak for a few mins and then eats it??? He's a weird one anyway but he started this a few years ago... It's funny to watch him Smile
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:12 am

My corns are the dumbest things I have ever met.

I've seen them eat pinkies alive.

If you don't lay down the mouse for them half the time they'll eat the food right out of your hand like you're some benevolent butler with all the time in the world to sit there and hold things for them.

If they decide to 'kill' they roll over themselves a few times, or grab hold of it and pull it backwards or shake their heads a few times. I have never seen them constrict anything.

Once I saw my girl grab the mouse then jump backwards clear out of her tub. Like she jumped a good 8 inches.

I also have a ball who every now and then will leave a rat there all night, but when I go to get it in the morning suddenly she wants it. Like she had this thing sitting in her hid less than an inch from her face all night and now all of a sudden since I'm taking it away it looks tasty.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 am

My female ball likes to do backbends until she falls backwards. I know she is just testing her enclosure top, but she will lift her head up until she hits the middle of the cage then kinda drop her head 1-2 inches below the top of the lid and start bending backwards.
. Not staying closer to the lid but just bending backwards like she is leaning back to do a back bend... then she will eventually hit that point where she can't hold it, fall over only to start again.

That and my two terrapins spend hours playing king of the basking ramp... not that they cant both fit on it, its plenty big for them too and often both sit up there. But they will push each other off, and if they both fall off they race to the side to get back up and fight to get up first like little kids. Its quite enjoyable to watch though, and they are supose to be brothers from the same clutch so it could be a sibling rivalry...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:08 am

When our last batch of baby blueys were born, three had compressed skulls and couldn't close their mouths. I took them to the pet store to be snake and tegu food rather than letting them just die. One of the snakes watched the baby for 2 or 3 minutes. Suddenly, he lunged for it and got all wrapped up around it. After he constricted, he held onto it for over an hour. I guess since he had never had one, he wanted to savor the moment.
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 am

Quote :
My ball kills his prey and then drags it to the water to soak for a few mins and then eats it??? He's a weird one anyway but he started this a few years ago... It's funny to watch him Smile

Had one of my balls drag rat into water bowl and leave it. From the angle i was looking from i could see snake had water but could not see rat. I smelled it shortly after
Back to top Go down
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:03 am

Many decades ago I had a Cuban boa that would only eat rats folded in half. He'd kill the rat in the normal fashion (jaw around the face, and constrict from there) then drop it out (no mean feat with teeth the size he had) then nose around until he found the middle, then try to eat from there. Took hours to feed him because he absolutely had to have the rat folded in half.

Dumb snake.
Back to top Go down
http://plaguedbethyangel.blogspot.com
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:10 pm

I forgot to add that my Spider male has always, does currently, and I'm fairly certain will continue to eat rats butt-first. No matter what.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
AllReptileGal

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:45 am

My RTB will "kill" prekilled for over a hour and my King is just plain lazy he constricts then drags the rat around for about 30 mins before he constricts it again!!!
Back to top Go down
Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:28 pm

I saw my snow bull snake strike at a rat missed it bit its own tail tried to kill it and i swear it tried to swallow it.When my spotted python was younger every time i handled it it would bite my little finger and try to swallow it.It would let go when it got to my second knuckle.LOL
Back to top Go down
TolkienGirl20

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:29 am

My corn Steve likes to poop when we give him a good soak in our tub when he has trouble shedding. Its the funniest thing, he will look right at me and poop like he's saying "F*** you!" Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:55 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb things your snake has done   

Back to top Go down

Dumb things your snake has done
View previous topic View next topic Back to top