VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Pyxidea mouhotti

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Pyxidea mouhotti   Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:26 pm

I got some P. mouhotti in a few weeks back. Here is the link to the pics on my FB page.

Pyxidea mouhotti album
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Pyxidea mouhotti   Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Very nice Barry!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Pyxidea mouhotti   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:00 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Pyxidea mouhotti   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:14 pm

Are they semi-aquatic or a land turtle?
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Pyxidea mouhotti   Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:30 pm

They are a humid land turtle. They like it really humid but they can be set up like NA box turtles.
The importer I got them from said they were 3.3 P. mouhotii obsti and as it turns out they are most likely all males and not all obsti. I have had 3 international turtle experts look at pics. 2 of them said different than the 3rd person. Kind of mad about all of it too. I spent a very large sum of money hoping for 3.3 guaranteed pairs.

After this explanation is there anybody that can tell me what I should say to the seller? I already know he is going to swear they are 3.3 and that the sale if final. These turtles are in my opinion the hardest of the Asian box turtles to sex unless you are a long term keeper of them. As soon as I opened the box I could see that most were males. I was just waiting for some other people to chime in with their opinions.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Pyxidea mouhotti   Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:31 pm

I would tell him straight up. That way you have it documented for future reference.
Back to top Go down
Hollinasia

PostSubject: Re: Pyxidea mouhotti   Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:04 pm

I would get a few more opinions from people who can sex them or are more familiar with the species and than talk to the seller. If he isn`t willing to work with you than don`t buy from him again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pyxidea mouhotti   

Back to top Go down

Pyxidea mouhotti
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Turtle/Tortoise/Amphibian Discussion-
Jump to: