VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mouth Rot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BurmeseQueen
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Mouth Rot   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:37 pm

My friend has a ball python with mouth rot and doesn't have the funds currently to take her to the vet. So I did some online searching and found a simple solution on 1 cup warm water with 0.5oz of iodine. Mix the solution and use a toothbrush to gently penetrate and scrub the puss and get the "cheese" out. She gets paid next week but I was wondering if there is any "solutions" to temporarily drag out the progression of mouth rot until she can take it to the vet?
Back to top Go down
Kittiekat149
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Mouth Rot   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:53 pm

You can also use peroxide. Do you know what caused the mouth rot. I know it can also be extremely painful to them. :/
Back to top Go down
BurmeseQueen
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Mouth Rot   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:57 pm

I have no idea. She was previously on aspen but now she is on newspaper. Maybe it was a scratch from a prey item or a splinter from a rouge piece of aspen?
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Mouth Rot   Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:41 am

When I got my skink he had mouth rot down to the bone on one side. I used peroxide and warm water that I applied with a q-tip. I'd get it good and wet and then gently rub on the scabbing until it came off. That way it was able to heal from the inside out. He gets a little spot that comes back now and then but it all healed enough that there is no longer an opening when his mouth is closed like there used to be. Depending on how bad it is, it can take a long time to rebuild the tissue that has been damaged, so patience is the key.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mouth Rot   

Back to top Go down

Mouth Rot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1