VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

sad indeed:(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: sad indeed:(   Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:33 pm

well my clutch of 8 pipped and i cut the rest a few days ago i bred her with my pastel and didnt know that the other buisness partner bred her with a normal and pastel until it was too late we dont know who the dad is right now but all my males and females are healthy and never had problems with hatching or deformities but this clutch everyone of the babys are deformed either their heads or cant open their mouth or no nostrils two have died and three more dont look good i want you guys opinions i told the owner not to breed his snakes to her being im breeding my male and we wouldnt know how to split the clutch or who the dad was but he decided to anyway now cause of this decision the babys are not healthy and i know its not my male being he has lots of healthy clutches of babys the other person is now blaming me for the deformities what should i do their is nothing in writing and he also keeps all his snakes in mulitple tanks with multiple snakes together im not too happy about this what would you do
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: sad indeed:(   Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:34 pm

and my temps are correct in every way never had a problem before
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: sad indeed:(   Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:43 pm

The deformities sound like an incubation problem to me. Regardless, you can not prove that it was your partner's male that caused them. I am very leery of breeding trades or combined efforts. If every little detail is not in writing, you are heading for trouble.

I've gone down the path of a breeding loan and by the time I was about half way through the terms of the deal, both me and the other party decided it was not worth doing. What happens if the snake loaned gets sick? Who pays for the vet bill? If the loaned snake dies, who pays for it? How much is it worth? How is the clutch split? What happens if one of you move? Etc. etc. etc.

If I recall correctly, this is not the only issue with your partner. I think the other issue was cutting early.

My advice is to branch out on your own and let your partner do his own thing. It doesn't sound like the partnership is going well. If I were you, I would just write everything off as an experience and move on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: sad indeed:(   Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:59 pm

It sounds like they are underdeveloped and cut too early.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: sad indeed:(   Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:23 pm

i agree the other person isnt a bad person at all but not educated enough to know better im definitly going to do my own thing especially when it cost the little ones their lives im so upset about this
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: sad indeed:(   Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:54 pm

What are you doing with the babies?
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: sad indeed:(   Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:18 am

the ones that live im going to keep until they are eating well enough to not have problems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sad indeed:(   

Back to top Go down

sad indeed:(
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: