VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

turtle tanks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cootees

PostSubject: turtle tanks   Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Well, my little guys are rapidly growing and soon will have to move them to a bigger tank. I want to see other setups(particularly basking spots) to give me ideas for a near future build.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Here's an awesome outdoor setup Steve did for eye candy:

http://www.vaherps.com/t1522-turtle-pond?highlight=pond
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
cootees

PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:21 am

Yeah, the turtle pond looks great. When mine get to big for the aquariums I'll probably do something like that. For now I am looking for tank ideas though as I will be keeping them indoors.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Get a 55 flat tank Deep Blue makes one cost a little but worth it for the footprint 18x48. Then get a API Nexx filter because it's a canster filter that works great in turtle tank. Add a power sun bulb or one like it for your heat/basking spot plus it has UVB.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 pm

I've used plastic stock tanks for turtles. Rubbermaid makes a 100, 150 and a 300 gallon plastic stock tanks. My next stock tank will be this one: http://www.tractorsupply.com/american-farmland-reg-round-tank-8-x-2-in-plastic-2177188
Back to top Go down
cootees

PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:20 am

smd58 wrote:
Get a 55 flat tank Deep Blue makes one cost a little but worth it for the footprint 18x48. Then get a API Nexx filter because it's a canster filter that works great in turtle tank. Add a power sun bulb or one like it for your heat/basking spot plus it has UVB.

These guys love to swim. Moving them to a 75 until they outgrow that.

JW, that thing is nice. It would be perfect for when they outgrow the aquariums.

What I am really wanting to see is different basking ideas. It seems in the aquarium world the big thing now is over the tank basking. Which I like but it seems that tank cleaning could be a problem with that. I like the realistic looking setups.

I have some ideas and might just have to wing it.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Have you looked at Waterland Turtletubs?? I got some and they are great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   

Back to top Go down

turtle tanks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1