VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

help with eggs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: help with eggs   Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 pm

i have eggs that was due in a week and my buisness partner wanted me to cut them i begged to let them be and hatch on their own but to no avail he had to have them cut i cut them their healthy and moving around thing is a few days later the clear yolk is starting to become brown and hazy what should i do they all seem to be doing fine i just dont want anything to happen with these guys i personally would not have cut them but the other party insisted so unfortunately whats done is done what do you guys suggest in this case thanks for any answers
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: help with eggs   Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:48 pm

You need to warm up some water to the same temp as your incubator. If you have a water bottle in your incubator, use that water. Gently flush out the brown stuff.

How soon did you cut? Just remember, when you cut you open the inside of the egg to a warm moist environment that is prime breeding ground for bacteria. It is best to not cut them until after day 55, if you are incubating around 89 to 90.

The other thing you can do if you want to be very careful is to flush it out with saline. However, I find that bottled water does fine.

good luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: help with eggs   Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:49 pm

thanks i will try that
Back to top Go down
Shelleyshadows
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: help with eggs   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 am

I cut one egg early on day 42, I believe, and sealed that sucker up with a band aid, the baby went full term and just shed a few days ago for the first time.

I wouldn't advise cutting early in the future though, the eggs can get dried out, grow mold, or even have maggots get in them /:
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=755407926
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: help with eggs   Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:19 am

yeah i told the other party its not advised to but became a huge argument so im tryng to keep these little suckers alive:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with eggs   

Back to top Go down

help with eggs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1