VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

sideneck turtle hides out on submersed heater. doesnt like light. ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KrZxBleach

PostSubject: sideneck turtle hides out on submersed heater. doesnt like light. ???   Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:29 pm

got a sideneck from a local store. my wife got it and brought it home. i called the store and the most knowledgable person there couldnt tell me if they were pelomedusa subrufa subrufa or if they are olivacea and i cant really tell. i have him in a small tank right now (20gal tall). about 2-3" gravel in the bottom. a basking bridge... he sits under the bridge all day which is also close to the heater and he comes out at night. i have never seen him bask and sometimes late at night and early into the morning hes banging around in there doing backflips or something. any idea? he eats fine by the way and shows no signs of stress or illness. i have all the best stuff you can buy to put in an aquatic turtle tank.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: sideneck turtle hides out on submersed heater. doesnt like light. ???   Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:39 pm

There is a Pelomedusa guy on TurtleForum.com, sorry Nick if that is out of line, and he can answer any question you have about them. If you post some pics he will tell you exactly what you got.
Back to top Go down
KrZxBleach

PostSubject: Re: sideneck turtle hides out on submersed heater. doesnt like light. ???   Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:19 pm

forums schmorums. just joined here because its localish. Smile
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: sideneck turtle hides out on submersed heater. doesnt like light. ???   Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:16 am

well, this is a good forum here, yes.
TurtleForum, there are a ton of very knowledgeable that will help you id your animal and can answer any question about turtles under the sun. So, don't really get what your saying. If you don't like forums, your on one!
Back to top Go down
KrZxBleach

PostSubject: Re: sideneck turtle hides out on submersed heater. doesnt like light. ???   Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 am

whats this decimal lists signature at the end of peoples replies/posts
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: sideneck turtle hides out on submersed heater. doesnt like light. ???   Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:41 am

Give the turtle more time to acclimate to its new environment. Once it realizes that you are not a threat, but a food source, its attitude will change.

A standard practice for listing animals is to use the following format:

male.female.sex unknown

for example

1.2.4 cornsnakes = 1 male, 2 females and 4 animals with undetermined sex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sideneck turtle hides out on submersed heater. doesnt like light. ???   

Back to top Go down

sideneck turtle hides out on submersed heater. doesnt like light. ???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1