VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Intruder Alert!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Intruder Alert!   Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:01 pm

My husband nearly had a heart attack when he saw this little beauty crawling on our blinds in the bedroom. Since it was within my reach, it was free for me to catch and release. I didn't have time to grab the better camera so these were taken with my phone. I know I've posted ID threads before but I really do need your help on this one as I cannot find a spider like him in any ID websites.

I am located in Chesterfield county if that helps with ID. He is primarily black with some gray/white markings on both the top and bottom of his abdomen. He is lightning quick and jumped inside the deli cup. He was very fuzzy.

Any thoughts? Right after these pictures I released him outside. You should have seen the look my my husband's face when I asked to keep him inside long enough to get some better pictures. cryingwithlaughter

By the way, the dust you see is from mealworm food. There was no way I was sticking my finger in there to clean it off. That spider could move faster than I could blink.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alert!   Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:22 pm

It's one of our harmless species of jumping spider. Most likely the Bold Jumping Spider also known as the Daring Jumping Spider (Phidippus addax).
Back to top Go down
Kittiekat149
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alert!   Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:36 am

jw wrote:
It's one of our harmless species of jumping spider. Most likely the Bold Jumping Spider also known as the Daring Jumping Spider (Phidippus addax).

iagree

All jumping spiders are super fast. Smile
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alert!   Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am

I can live with spiders, it's those flying roach's that get me.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alert!   Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:59 am

I don't like either Steve lol.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alert!   Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:09 am

Thanks. Smile As pretty as he was, I don't hope to see him in my apartment again. He was just a bit too quick for me.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alert!   Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 am

They are all over my house but they won't eat dubia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alert!   Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:24 am

Focal wrote:
They are all over my house but they won't eat dubia.

I'm so glad I am not the only one that tried this!!! These spiders are so pretty, we have them with loads of different colored markings and it just so happened I brought in a plant and there were two of them in it and I tried to feed them and they wouldn't touch the dubias so I let them back outside.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alert!   Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:29 am

Yup, I love the variations but the one above is my favorite. Reminds me of a skeleton Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alert!   

Back to top Go down

Intruder Alert!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Invertebrate Discussion-
Jump to: