VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Can you believe the cajones on this guy??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:30 pm

VA Reptile Rescue just linked this story about a guy who poses as a fake herpetologist on Animal Planet and attempted to confiscate an entire collection without any legal authority, all while traumatizing this poor man's kids. Disgusting.

http://www.capefearserpentarium.com/DannySteele.pdf

This story is just jaw-dropping. I have been to the Cape Fear Serpentarium personally several times. I absolutely love it there, the animals are beautiful. In fact, I'm probably going back to visit this year while I'm in North Carolina for a family vacation.

This Winston Card guy sounds totally worthless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
Don

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:39 pm

I don't understand why Danny allowed himself to be put in that position.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:09 pm

My guess is that they probably lied to him about the premise of it. From the title of the show, it seems like it would be about people who keep interesting pets. Technically "Living with Predators" is owning a house cat, or any dog. He probably thought it was just going to be people asking him about his collection, not accusing him of being a crazy snake hoarding psycho who was going to get himself killed.

Either way, they had no right to freak his kids out like that... That just seems like a low blow, even if it had been some type of intervention hosted by concerned friends.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:07 pm

I wonder if he wants my address. He's more than welcome to stop by. Can't promise that him or any of the witnesses, I men camera crew, will be seen again.
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:37 pm

This Card guy must be some type of HSUS superhero. Dollar Store checkout man by day, world's greatest herpetologist by night.

Seems legit.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:18 pm

zues wrote:
I wonder if he wants my address. He's more than welcome to stop by. Can't promise that him or any of the witnesses, I men camera crew, will be seen again.

I am a great alibi! You lie and I will swear to it!
Back to top Go down
Kittiekat149
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:10 am

I can help dig holes! The show is stories of people who usually have an exotic that got out of hand and ended up hurting itself or someone else. Some people should not be allowed to keep an exotic if they don't know the full capability of the animal. But for someone who has done everything possible to keep both his family and his animals safe it is a joke for some crazy pathetic excuse of a human to come into that house and completely bash everything. It makes me mad how bad it also makes the snakes and other exotics look. :/
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 am

It's true. I feel bad for Danny just because they harassed him so badly that he could actually have gotten in trouble for threatening them. I'm glad he didn't, but he easily could have, given a TV network's vast and powerful legal department. Not to mention traumatizing his family, when he really is a responsible keeper.

And I will definitely help dig holes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:34 pm

Interesting story. I cannot believe this guy had the balls (haha) to go to Danny's house and do what he did especially with Children involved. I hate to think that I used to be one of those crazy people that stereo-typed everyone that had reptiles. Glad I educated myself and can educate my child and her friends and family.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:21 am

zues wrote:

i doubt he would pull that **** with those two monsters u have. hey, you wouldnt even have to dig the holes once they took care of him.... they would have done that too Razz

i dont know how danny took that ****.... im pretty sure i would have knocked that little blankity blank blank (those are curse words, lol) out and literally thrown him off my property. there are some crazy people out there.....
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:12 am

Yeah, I really respect Danny for shutting it down before things got worse. I don't know if I could have just walked away at that point. :/
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:24 am

ezekiel21 wrote:
zues wrote:

i doubt he would pull that **** with those two monsters u have. hey, you wouldnt even have to dig the holes once they took care of him.... they would have done that too Razz

i dont know how danny took that ****.... im pretty sure i would have knocked that little blankity blank blank (those are curse words, lol) out and literally thrown him off my property. there are some crazy people out there.....

That SOB would have probably said my dogs were going to eat my kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe the cajones on this guy??   

Back to top Go down

Can you believe the cajones on this guy??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1