VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

JB's Rattles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:47 pm

http://www.jbsrattles.com/www.jbsrattles.com/Home.html

Anyone heard of this guy before? Not sure how I ran across his website??? But just curious what you guys thought of this.

Anyone else do little "come to you" shows in this area?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:51 pm

It seems like a pretty neat site. Without any comment from myself, it looks like he keep vemonoids:

Quote :
I would not take these risks with a venomous snake, but this guy is a venomoid.

I have often seen a Reptile Show Van parked outside Pet Paradise but don't remember the name. I can ask next time up there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:59 pm

... Venomoids IMHO take the thrill out of keeping hott's while YES IT SAFER Personally I don't like it... Much safer for show's although as well I reckon like everything else they have their ups and downs just not my cup of tea... But I've never heard of the company before... I do know of a comapny in Northern Va that does come to show's for party's birthdays etc etc... He has Venomous and a gator ( Not sure if he still uses the gator although )...
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:28 pm

I wouldn't be personally looking for someone to come do a show, but was just curious on everyone's thoughts about stuff like this. I guess it's a good thing to start educating them while they are young on the subject of reptiles so they arent freaked out when they get older.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:40 pm

smb2585 wrote:
I wouldn't be personally looking for someone to come do a show, but was just curious on everyone's thoughts about stuff like this. I guess it's a good thing to start educating them while they are young on the subject of reptiles so they arent freaked out when they get older.

Yup it's a big part and plays a big part in educational and proper education on and about this reptiles Most people who do show's begin doing so because of this reason and this reason alone...

If they stick to the guidelines and by guidelines I mean properly educating the general public, showing them how to properly handle and care for the animals, as well as the difference in between species and teaching them the truth about the animals ( breaking myths down and showing their false ) I see them over all as a good thing but as with everything else you have a few umm best way to put it is a few bad apples out there they are simply in it for the money and well don't do much real educating on the species they show. Overall IMO there a good thing for the industry...
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:04 pm

JB been doing this for a while now, doing both hot and cold shows with a good dose of eduction added in. Ive know him for at least 10 years. Good guy.
Back to top Go down
David_Means
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:26 pm

I met JB when we were lobbying in Richmond against SB477 and HB1242. JB is a great guy and has a passion for what he does.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:31 pm

While I don't know JB personally nor have I met him if both Steve and David vouch for him I'll take their word that he's a good guy!!!

Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Wonder how the schools would feel about having him or someone like him to do a show. We tried to get my daughter's school to let us bring in a couple of the BPs to show the kids but the teachers were freaked out and weren't for it. We let her take the snake's shed in and pass it around and the boys think it's cool but not the girl's so much.

She is changing schools next school year so maybe they will be more open to something like it since they are a newly "green" school.

May look into contacting him next school year if Steve and David think he is a good guy.

And Clarence you are right about the people being in it for the money and not really the educating purpose. My mom was talking to my dad about how the snakes aren't as creepy as she thought. She said once she held one and listened to their husbandry and such she really liked them. She loves our Pied female and says it's hers.
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:40 pm

are you reffering to kellam? hahah
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:43 pm

nooo shes only 8 and in elementary school lol.
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:01 pm

nevermind... hahahah Wink
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:40 pm

My friend Caroline, who is alson on the Advisory Committee for the Va Herp Society has a company called reptiles alive and does a similar shows. Except she does not use hots:
Reptiles Alive

I don't like venomoids. First off, I just can't trust it. If you want to own hots you accept the risks, otherwise don't own hots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JB's Rattles   

Back to top Go down

JB's Rattles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: