VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 1:04 pm

What is your favorite 2 or 3 gene combo without the spider gene. I have been shopping for a male or two and just can't seem to find anything I have to have. I have nothing against he spider gene personally but I already have woma stuff and they are two close. Also lets keep this discussion to dom and codom genes. I have to many recessive animals as it is.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Personally I don't do the spider gene... If and I repeat IF I did the spider in question would have to be superb....

Sugars I have came to really like... Chad Hulker posting all his eye candy doesn't help with that at all...

Pinstripe's are HOT IMO anyways.... as well as the combo's the make... Blasts, Lesser Pins,
Mojo Pins, but the I've seen a few really nice Fire Pins as well...

But it brings me to a previous statement... Combo's are only as good as the ingredients used to make them....

( I don't see anything Pinstripe related on your signature... )
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 2:06 pm

I sold all my single gene males this year. I have a clutch on the way that could have some pinstripes. I would love to find something like a lesser cinnapin but I'm not sure if it's even been produced.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Then you know what you have to do... Produce it... LoL

CinnaPin X Lesser females....
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Albino Pieds and Axanthic Pieds are my favorites gene combos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Yeah I know. I'm just looking for something exciting to run through my 9 normal girls. It's getting about time to thin the normal herd down. The hard part about that is I have already thinned out any problem girls and now all I have left are big girls that eat well and prduce.

Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Given that, I'd do a Super Pastel XXXX combination, since everything produced will be at a minimum a pastel. I like the Super Blast (Super Pastel Pinstripe) myself, if you are avoiding the spider gene. If not, then a Killerbee would be a good combination.

I added a Silver Streak and a Sterling to my collection and those may be good too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 2:39 pm

I like Pinstripes and Lessers... (KingPin) Smile I agree with Clarence that the pinstripe does make some amazing combos
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 3:29 pm

The Ocelot (Kingpin x Leopard). Probably one of the coolest looking snakes out there.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 9:12 pm

MADKATTER wrote:
The Ocelot (Kingpin x Leopard). Probably one of the coolest looking snakes out there.
Hope to have that in the next year.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 9:15 pm

smd58 wrote:
MADKATTER wrote:
Hope to have that in the next year.

I remember someone on here talking about this as a future project. that snake just looks wicked!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 10:22 pm

That was me, was to easy a project, sence I have the leopards. might have to cheat a little and pick up a kingpin or two. But not till I get another rack or too.
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 10:39 pm

if that was too easy then lets try to make that eclipse!
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Wed May 09, 2012 11:32 pm

pastel sugar enchi
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Thu May 10, 2012 8:12 am

Bobbykaizer wrote:
if that was too easy then lets try to make that eclipse!

That's different, not sure I like it enough to work on it. Iam not a big fan of white type snake. With the exception of BEL and some of the sugar stuff.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Cinnamon Pinstripes are one of my favorite 2 gene animals. I really like Spinner Blasts as well. I'm hoping to produce one next season.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Thu May 10, 2012 10:19 am

enchi lesser or enchi pastel lesser

fire vanilla or fire pastel vanilla
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Thu May 10, 2012 10:24 am

I know is only a single gene but what do you guys think about the champagne?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Thu May 10, 2012 10:29 am

zues wrote:
I know is only a single gene but what do you guys think about the champagne?

Somebody told me something a while back that stuck about champagnes. Any champagnes combos will just end up as different shades of champagne.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Thu May 10, 2012 10:39 am

I'll have to go look at pics now. That doesn't sound all that interesting of a project.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Thu May 10, 2012 10:42 am

Kevin mentioned in one of the lethal combos videos that Champagne is a bit of black hole morph. It just kind of absorbs everything. That and some pics persuaded me to look elsewhere for my next male.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Thu May 10, 2012 11:06 am

smd58 wrote:
That was me, was to easy a project, sence I have the leopards. might have to cheat a little and pick up a kingpin or two. But not till I get another rack or too.

We are hoping for a kingpin this year... hoping our Lesser girl lays any day now.. she was inverted saturday morning... she looks like she can't get comfortable in her tub... she looks very large and like she could explode at any moment Sad

Our Orange Ghost that layed eggs on Sunday ate a small rat last night Smile took her a little bit to get him, she was following him around the tub alot and then finally she got him Smile made me happy that she took a meal.

I'm a worry wart/sentimental and think of her as a mama who had her eggs taken away lol.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Thu May 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Champagnes do seem to "washout" alot of morphs but the Mimosa (Champagne Orange Ghost) is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Thu May 10, 2012 8:26 pm

put a black pastel to a champagne and try for a paradox chamagne!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Fri May 11, 2012 2:33 pm

we like the silver bullet too...
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Tue May 15, 2012 9:13 pm

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/champagne-enchi/

This has me thinking about the champagne again. I really like the enchi champagne.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 pm

That is a really cool looking snake!
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   Tue May 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo   

Back to top Go down

What is you favorite 2 or 3 gene combo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1