VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cmmoore06

PostSubject: Questions   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:56 pm

I have two beardies that are around 4 months old and want to know if i keep them together how big does the tank need to be and what to use sand or rug. Plus how to raise a dubia colony.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Questions   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:12 pm

first, I would not keep them together. They are solitary creatures. Second, sand is not the best, as if it is ingested, it can cause problems (impaction). A Dubia colony is very easy to raise. All you need is warmth (about 90 degrees) a little air circulation, egg crates, cat food and water crystals. They will breed you out of house and home with the right environment.

Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
cmmoore06

PostSubject: Re: Questions   Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:21 am

Wat is the best bedding then? They sleep on each other and eat together they are like best friends.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Questions   Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:00 pm

I am not sure of the best bedding. I keep mine on indoor/outdoor carpet cut to the exact size of the cage (4 foot by 2 foot). Some people say this isn't the best because they can get their toenails caught in it, but we have not experienced that problem. I like it because I can pull it out, hose it off and replace it with a spare pretty quickly. Makes cleaning the cage very easy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Questions   Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Many reptiles will lie on top of each other, which to humans appears to be cute and affectionate behavior. We cannot help but personify our pets because we love them so much! Unfortunately it usually means "you are in the best hot spot, and I'm just going to sit on you so I get more heat." They may be competing for the best areas of the cage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
cmmoore06

PostSubject: Re: Questions   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Can any tell me where i can get a dubia colony from for a decent price. And where i can find bigger tanks also.
Back to top Go down
wilsoncolts

PostSubject: Re: Questions   Thu May 03, 2012 11:31 pm

my beardie has seldom basked this week. he stays in his "tree" a lot. since warm weather has arrived, does this mean the inclosure is too hot?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Questions   Fri May 04, 2012 10:18 am

It could. You need to get an infrared temp gun to know exactly what the temps in has cage are. They are only about $20. His cooler side needs to be below 80 or it could be lethal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
wilsoncolts

PostSubject: Re: Questions   Fri May 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks,I will double check on the temp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions   

Back to top Go down

Questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1