VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Angolan pythons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Angolan pythons   Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:56 am

Does anyone keep Angolan pythons? I have always thought they were cool, but after seeing them again at the zoo today, I'm thinking about adding a few to my collection. I know several years ago they were super rare and really hard to get. I have done some research since getting home today and now they are available and somewhat affordable. Just curious if any one else in the area keeps them.
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Angolan pythons   Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:43 pm

I don't know of any around in the VA area that keeps them. Indeed they are very cool snakes and have become somewhat more available in the reptile trade. I have heard they can be a little tricky as far as husbandry goes, so make sure you do some good reading/research as I am sure you will!! What zoo did you go to?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Angolan pythons   Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:07 am

I think Joe Ellis has or did one some. I think Mike Schultz has one for sale right now for $500. If I had the cash, I would have got it.

My next snake out of balls are either an angolan or woma. Hard decision but I think the womas might win this one with the price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Angolan pythons   Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Joe did have some but he was looking at selling them. Hes out of town right now, when he gets back Ill see if I can get him to responed.
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Angolan pythons   Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:21 pm

let me know as well!!! I would be interested in his bloodlines and prices....thanks
Back to top Go down
JoeEllisReptiles
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Angolan pythons   Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:54 am

They are super easy. They are like a Ball Python that never ever has feeding issues. I keep them just like ball pythons, Cypress Mulch, Water, Hide, and a hot spot around 90 Degrees. They breed the same and the same time of year. I only sold mine because the ones I had were mean and would spaz out and **** all over me, my face and the ceiling. Mine were from a zoo stock so they were just out of control. I raise a baby up and it was awesome but I could not deal with the ones that were pooping on the walls and the ceiling when I cleaned out their tubs lol.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Angolan pythons   Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:39 am

EEEWW TWO SNAKES, ONE JOE!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angolan pythons   

Back to top Go down

Angolan pythons