VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Meeting with Senator **** Black

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator

PostSubject: Meeting with Senator **** Black   Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:54 am

I had about an hour meeting with Senator **** Black today at his home office. If some of you may recall, he was one of our allies in the committee that helped kill the bill in the senate that would ban "dangerous animals". Anyway I had a meeting with him to discuss a potential sponsorship of a Virginia State Reptile.

Anyway, we had a great talk, mostly about field herpin. Sen. Black used to work with Bill Haast and used to run the Reptile World Serpentarium in Fl. In chatting with him, he did mention to me that we had done an awesome job lobbying to kill the bills.

My response to him was: well if you think we were organized then, you just wait until these bill come back up next year. Needless to say...he's a herp ally. Smile cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Senator **** Black   Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:01 am

Nice job staying involved! I've been making calls and writing letters. Great news, especially considering the state/national political environment lately looks ever more focused on diminishing our personal rights....
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Senator **** Black   Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 am

iagree
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Senator **** Black   Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:28 am

my primary focus was to discuss him sponsoring an official state reptile, but...of course HSUS came up. Smile He's squarely on our side and is an ally. We had a great talk. Ironically, it's probably about the only thing we agree on....lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Senator **** Black   

Back to top Go down

Meeting with Senator **** Black
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1