VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

This past months pickups

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: This past months pickups   Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:14 pm

So this past month has been an interesting month of new additions to our family.

2/16 picked up "Marley" our new German Shepherd puppy Smile He is growing sooo fast and already knows "Sit" "Stay/Heal" and we are working on "Paw/Shake"

2/19 picked up "Pure Evil" our female cinnamon BP from Rich Baker & she gave me my first snake bite Sad I hate her. Miles calls her "Sweetheart" from Sammi Sweetheart on Jersey Shore "the sweetest beyotch you'll ever meet" lol - I make him watch it with me Very Happy

3/11 picked up Female Pastel Lesser from Outback @ the Richmond show

3/15 picked up Female G Stripe (shes not the best looking one around but we got a deal) and 2 female het G-Stripes... figure we can find a male that is het for gstripe when they get up to size... maybe a pastel het gstripe or something and work with that...

Will have pictures eventually of the BPs... I really havent messed with them.. held "Pure Evil" yesterday for a moment and she struck at me again... missed this time but I really dont like her and won't be sad if we don't keep her. Sad She hisses everytime I open her tub or go near her...

The G stripe and one of the hets hissed when I put them in their tubs... but nothing TOO serious to scare me off lol.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:25 pm

my cinnamon girls are super nasty but they eat LIKE CRAZY so i really dont care, lol. i actually like when they have attitude, it gives them personality and sets them apart from the ones that just sit there and do nothing.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:34 am

I hate the mean aggressive ones. I know it's because she needs to be held more but everytime i open her tub and even think of it she tries to bite me.... shes so evil lol.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:47 pm

I hear you! I have a pastel het pied girl that hisses and strikes every time I open her tub. She's not much fun.... My other pastel girl is pretty nasty too but is at least handle-able. I think it's something in the pastel gene since everyone else is almost puppy dog tame Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:48 pm

lol. i just picked up a 2000g het pied female and if i crack her tub just a little she will force her way out like a bat out of hell and come right at me. she is by far the nastiest b**** i have ever seen, but i like it.... its kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:24 pm

You guys are NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Its not funny. I get all sweaty palmed when I open her tub. I held her last night... she didnt like it... she didnt bite me.. but she wasnt calm... and she was very active and trying to get away... but I made some progress I guess...

Part of me is like "wtf ever it didnt hurt it just scared me just hold her you know what it feels like to get bit" the other part of me says "are u f-ing stupid? that beyotch bit you"... I sucked it up and took her out last night... got about 15 minutes in with her but started to get uncomfortable and my palms were sooo sweaty I was afraid I might drop her lmao.

Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:59 pm

I worked for a guy that if saw you flinch from a bite, he wound have you clean the 300 + baby burns. Made for some sore hands but you didn't drop any after that. But you still flinched.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 am

Effffffffff that. CRAZY - I don't know why I have that mentality when it didn't hurt. It stung for like a brief moment but within like 2 minutes I was over it, it had stopped bleeding for the most part and left no scar. Whereas the puppy bit me when we were playing, drew blood and 3 days later it's still scabbed over and hurts to touch around it...
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Lol that's funny. My cinny was sold to me as an "evil" snake but she settled down fine. Nice pickups...looking forward to pics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Have been handling the mean girl more often and just reach in and snatch her up with no hesitation so she knows I mean business lol. Things are going good with her now. I need to get pics still of all of the new pickups but life has been soo crazy. Do have an updated picture with the puppy on the new riding mower we got.

It's a little blurry but he is getting soooo big Smile he is definately a handful and we have to send in his AKC papers. I wonder how they would feel about his name being "Bob Wee-Man Marley" LOL.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Them some big looking ears.....
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: This past months pickups   Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Cute. I love GS's.