VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Look who showed up at work today....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Don

PostSubject: Look who showed up at work today....   Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:54 pm

She defecated in her shipping bag and was a mess. I got her cleaned up and noticed a few little marks on her neck (you can see them in the bend) that look like small rodent bites, but they will come out in the next shed. She is very nice and is sitting inside my shirt staying nice and warm right now.

Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Look who showed up at work today....   Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:59 pm

she looks great!! congrats
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Look who showed up at work today....   Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Sweet!! Is she pastel too? Her head looks bright.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Awesome, congrats Don!!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Look who showed up at work today....   Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:06 pm

That is frustrating to no end that she has bite marks. The seller should have mentioned it, in my opinion. I don't have a large collection, so I'm able to watch and make sure my snakes that eat live prey do not get bitten. I can understand why someone with a large collection may not have that sort of time...on the other hand, how hard is it to mention it in an email??? Integrity.

She is very lovely. Glad the marks will come out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Look who showed up at work today....   Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Beautiful animal!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Look who showed up at work today....   Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Looks wonderful Don Smile Glad she is in your hands (or shirt for that matter) and got cleaned up
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Look who showed up at work today....   Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Speaking of shirts.... that snake's photo would look good on a t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Look who showed up at work today....   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Careful John, that snake has the spider gene in her. Laughing Though, I have yet to see any wobble at all, even a slight one.

Dagan, what really surprised me is that the guy I bought her from is fairly well known and has lots of positive ratings on the BOI. However, the snake is 150 grams and was shipped in a 6X6X6 box with a 40 hour heat pack (proper one) and a hand warmer (too hot) taped to the top with duct tape. The duct tape came loose and both of the heat pads were on the news paper stacked on top of the snake. If she had sat for any length of time, I think she would have over heated. I never ship babies in anything less than a 6X9X12 to give them room to move away or towards the heat. My heat pack is always securely taped with packing tape, which is much stickier.

You would think that someone who sells high end snakes would at least pack the thing professionally and responsibly. I negotiated a good price, but it was still a costly purchase. I was a little shocked to see the small box and the packing.

I've set her up in quarantine and hopefully she will be no worse for wear. The more I look at her, the more I like her.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Look who showed up at work today....   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Don wrote:
Careful John, that snake has the spider gene in her. Laughing
Don "lalalalalalalalalala" I'm pretending I didn't hear (read) that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Look who showed up at work today....   Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:00 pm

jw wrote:
Don wrote:
Careful John, that snake has the spider gene in her. Laughing
Don "lalalalalalalalalala" I'm pretending I didn't hear (read) that. Laughing

lol! cryingwithlaughter
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Look who showed up at work today....   Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:09 pm

She's beautiful Don!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look who showed up at work today....   

Back to top Go down

Look who showed up at work today....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1