VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
labanddobbielover

PostSubject: suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko   Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:52 pm

I just acquired a 1 1/2 year old male leopard gecko. I have attached a picture of his most current habitat. He does have a red light to keep him warm, I have also added moss to his tank for moisture. Does he need a heating pad? What else does he need?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Cat
Back to top Go down
Foster Reves
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko   Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:03 pm

You have a nice looking lizard. Is that a watering device on the right? If so you definitely do not need that, just a small bowl that is changed regularly. The artificial plants are only taking up floor space that could otherwise be used by your gecko. Provide a moist hide for shedding and another shelter that is kept dry. What does the room temperature average? If it is in the mid 70's F then you should be OK with a red light on one end. If the room ever gets much cooler then I would add a small undertank heater - make sure that the tank has a warm end and a cool end. A temp gun is reall useful. Checkout geckosunlimited.com, there is a ton of beginner leopard gecko information there.
Chip
Back to top Go down

suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1