VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:08 pm

my rack keeps great heat 5 shelves down but the two next to the bottom doesent heat up as well no humidity i cant up the temps because its fine in the other ones what can i do to warm the bottoms up im stumped right now
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:03 pm

What kind of rack? How big is the flexwatt? 3" 6"? Are you sure the flexwatt is run through he bottom two shelves properly? Are you using a temp gun to test temps? Need more information to diagnose problem. Is the rack up off the ground?
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:19 pm

its 3inch the flexwatt is running good through the other slots just not the two bottum i dont have a temp gun the rack is about 3 and a half feet tall or 4 feet tall i have 4 16 qt tubs and 4 28 qt tubs its not off the ground it sits on my carpet ima put the picture of the rack on my profile picture its a great built rack i love it but just have that one problem
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:18 pm

dj, it is kind of hard to see, but I would first try to get it up off the floor with a couple of pieces of wood (heat rises). Then, I'd bump the temp a degree or two to see if that helped. If it didn't, then you can wire the bottom two shelves separately from the top four shelves. You will need a separate thermostat for the bottom and top. One thermostat that can do the trick is a VE300 dual. It has two probes and can maintain different temps in different sections.

Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:35 pm

i wish i had known about the 300 i may have to get that one i have a ve100 should i just get a 300
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   

Back to top Go down

help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Husbandry Discussion Forums :: General Care Discussion-
Jump to: