VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

snake growth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: snake growth   Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:37 pm

hey i have a corn and i think that he is "small for his age" is there any way i can get him to "bulk up" haha ive had him a couple months now and he is still only able to eat extra small pinkies.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: snake growth   Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Are you feeding once a week, if so try twice. if that dosent work a vet trip maybe needed.
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: snake growth   Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:04 am

yea i have been feeding him 1 xtra small pinky a week but last 2 weeks ive given him 2 xtra small a week. should i keep like that or change it to twice a week? i took him to vet last month and he said he was perfectly healthy i just have to bring in some "escrament" this week soooo much fun lol
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: snake growth   Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:30 am

Corns have alway been big eaters for me, I would do 2 times a week, if he'll do 2 pinks give it to him. Most people under estimate what there snake can eat.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: snake growth   Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:48 am

we had that issue with thinking one was enough for some of ours but when we gave them 2, they started to put weight on... and now all of ours are at decent sizes for their ages
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: snake growth   Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:51 pm

thank ya'll for all your input but it seems i am not going to be able to use it for my little ryu since he passed away while i was at work today. but thank you for then useful information for future knowledge
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member

PostSubject: Re: snake growth   Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:26 am

Sorry to here that, you have others?
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: snake growth   Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:13 am

yes i just got another corn same age as him that was over twice his size a few days ago. she stayed up in the tree almost entire time. but i threw out all bedding and the tree branch and washed everthing else with bleech and dish soap and i also gave her a bath i did the same with my ball since i couldnt remember if i handled her directly after him or vise versa. just in case you know.

i think it was a birth defect. only because he was a great eater, he just never grew. in the 3 months i had him he shed only once. and when i saw the others that were same age as him they were all well over twice his size.
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: snake growth   Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:45 am

i was going to post a pic of ryu but i vant figure out how to do it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: snake growth   

Back to top Go down

snake growth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top